Are you suffering from problems related to one or multiple missing teeth? Well, if the answer is “yes,” you are not alone! The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) suggests that 65% of adults between the ages of 35 and 44 have at least one missing tooth.
Dental implant treatment can be a perfect way to resolve such problems. They yield effective outcomes and are specifically designed to look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. In this blog, we will discuss answers to common questions related to dental implants. Going through the sections below will help you gather a clear understanding of the treatment process.
What Is A Dental Implant?
Dental implants are a tooth replacement option that mimics natural teeth’ structure. Some of the components of dental implants are:
- Root form – a titanium fixture in the shape of a screw
- Abutment – a connector that attached the root to the tooth restoration
- Restoration – a dental crown is attached to the connector to replace the tooth’s portion above the gum line
Are Dental Implants Safe?
Dental implants have been both used and regarded as a successful tooth replacement treatment option for a long time. Usually, titanium is used to make implant root fixtures. Your jawbone fuses to the dental implants during a process which is known as osseointegration. Even though titanium allergies are rare, in case you suffer from sensitivity, metal allergy, or prefer an alternative to titanium, you can go for metal-free zirconia implants.
What Is The Success Rate Of Dental Implants?
Research says that dental implants have a success rate of almost 95%. The effectiveness of the treatment option and the benefits offered are some of the common factors that make dental implants a perfect choice for people suffering from tooth loss.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Implants?
We have provided some of the significant advantages of getting dental implants in the pointers below:
- Looks just like your natural teeth – As mentioned before, dental implants are specifically designed to look just like your natural teeth.
- Improves your quality of life – No other teeth replacement treatment options function like dental implants. They will help you speak and eat easily and boost your self-confidence.
- Really good for your jawbone – Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and also help prevent bone shrinkage, which is common in the case of tooth loss.
- Helpful in protecting facial structure – Loss of teeth can affect your jawbone and ultimately alter your facial structure. Undergoing dental implant treatment can help avoid this problem with ease.
Am I A Perfect Candidate For Dental Implants?
Most people are candidates for dental implants, with the exception of youngsters whose jawbone is still growing and developing. Most patients can obtain implants, regardless of pre-existing medical issues, thanks to cutting-edge dental implant technology, meticulous post-operative care, and frequent follow-up sessions. However, getting dental implants involves consulting a dentist to determine if you are an ideal candidate for dental implants.
Some of the factors that can stop you from getting dental implants are:
- Chronic medical issues – Your implant surgeon will take special measures to ensure a gradual recovery if you have controlled high blood pressure, diabetes, or other persistent medical condition.
- Periodontal disease – Both gum disease and bone loss can be cured. It has been seen that patients suffering from gum disease can successfully receive dental implants with the help of proper measures.
- Smoking – Blood flow is restricted by nicotine and its byproducts, which can directly impact the healing process. However, a crucial step in the dental implant process is appropriate recovery. According to the Academy of Osseointegration, you should stop smoking at least two weeks before and two weeks after implant surgery. Your dentist will evaluate your situation and explain why smoking is essential if you want to witness an optimum outcome.
We hope you now have an answer to common queries about dental implants. So, do not hesitate to contact a dental office offering dental implant treatment if you are suffering from one or multiple missing teeth.
Book an appointment with Rio Grande Valley Implant if you are looking for the best dental implant treatment in Pharr, TX. We specialize in providing top-quality custom-made dental implant treatment at an affordable price range. Give us a call to schedule your visit today!